Sunday, May 29, 2005

THE MYSTERIOUS FORCE

Seeing as how I've wanted to be a Jedi since I was 3 years old, this recent resurgence of Jedi hubbub has peaked my interest. This morning, as I lay beneath my Darth Maul bedspread, I sensed that my alarm clock was about to go off. (My clock is a digital-readout type with a Chewbacca bust attached to the top. It's called a Chewclocka. When the alarm goes off, I am awakened by Chewie's famous guttural outburst.) I'm sure many of you have had this sensation before, as if a biological clock were ticking away inside of you. This morning, however, I slid my arm out from under the covers and pointed to the clock at the precise moment Chewbacca growled. There was no hesitation, no doubt. It has taken me these last 28 years to make this tiny step closer to being a Jedi. I am enthusiastic about my progress, however slight, and I realize my need for some bodily maintenance. As of today, I have begun a strict regimen of ten push-ups a day. I will keep you informed of my progress.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what I'm talking about.

Anonymous said...

What's up?

Haven't heard from you in a while?
Any news about the up and coming convention?

Becky said...

More, more... I want to, need to, must read more! Post and post quickly.

Anonymous said...

don't waver in the force, the dark side, though attractive is not the way.

Becky said...

Does the dark side post more often? I need more laughs.